Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Welcome

This first entry should be a tribute to the people who inspired me to write, tell stories and create visions for other people. My grandparents, some of my aunts and uncles and a few teachers from my childhood quietly and with restraint encouraged all my creative hobbies, sometimes even supplying me with fundamental tools that my parents either could not afford or were too distracted by the constant demands of parenthood to have the presence of mind to notice that I was lacking. As an adult, mentors and teachers and close friends supported and continue to critique my ideas.

Although sometimes my pen runs dry, I know that I have to begin at the beginning and I have neglected this driving need for way too long. My methodology: write an entry or two about everyone who matters in my life. Everyone who has gently pinched or scored this clay to shape it into who I am today.

That's enough of a mission statement for now. Maybe over time as my mind takes form and I share more of it, you can explore with me.

No comments: